Medical Writing Fellowship Program
In 2018, our legacy company Impact Pharmaceutical Services launched a Medical Writing Fellowship Program. We are proud to say that this program continues to this day.
The Medical Writing Fellowship Program is for professionals looking to gain experience in the medical/regulatory writing field. With an emphasis on mentoring and hands on education, fellows are exposed to a variety of regulatory documents related to the clinical development of investigational and marketed drugs and biologics. The goal of the Fellowship Program is to successfully train entry-level medical writers, and completion of the program often permits fellows to be eligible for permanent hire at Syner‑G. Many former fellows have become successful medical writers at the company and are currently much-valued members of our team.
This full-time fellowship program is fully remote, spans approximately 9 months (from March to December each year), and hosts 2 to 4 fellows per class. Key dates for the fellowship application process are as follows:
- 01 August – 31 October: applicants submit a current CV with cover letter via the Syner-G Career Page.
- 01 October – 30 November: the fellowship hiring team conducts screening calls with selected applicants.
- 01 December – 15 December: the fellowship hiring team invites finalists for panel interviews.
- Early – to mid-January: panel interviews for finalists are conducted.
- Early – to mid-February: candidates are notified of selection for the program.
- Mid-March: Fellowship Program begins!
Accepted fellows will receive a competitive annualized salary and our standard benefit package during the Fellowship.
Successful fellowship applicants include those with some experience in scientific or technical writing (e.g., manuscripts, grants, technical reports) and familiarity with data analysis/interpretation, however no medical writing experience is required. An advanced degree in life or health science is preferred but not required.
Desired skills include excellent written and oral communication abilities, strong attention to detail, collaborative and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, and being comfortable working with large data sets.
To apply to the Fellowship:
- Please submit a current CV and cover letter between 01 August – 31 October using our Careers page.
- Your cover letter should address your ambitions, interests, abilities, what you hope to accomplish with this fellowship, and how you believe you could contribute to our organization.
- If your background and interests align with those required for the fellowship program, our hiring team will arrange a phone screen to discuss the program and answer questions.
- Finalist interviews are conducted in January of each year, and candidates are notified of selection for the program by mid-February, with an anticipated start date in mid-March.
If you have additional questions about the Medical Writing Fellowship Program, feel free to
reach out via email at MWFellowship@synergbiopharma.com.